Single moms…where you at?
I started this blog for women specifically but especially for single moms who are on a journey toward self-improvement with God-focused intentions. They LOVE God. They are working moms who love inspirational, empowering and encouraging messages. These moms love spending time with family, friends and being apart of a community that influences change. These moms are actively finding ways to improve their personal and professional relationships. These moms desire marriage within God’s will. These moms don’t want to experience the hurt, pain and confusion they once went through in the past but are willing to open their hearts to love and accepting it in return. These moms are all about expanding their potential by creating projects that are connected to their purpose. These moms may feel stuck, defeated or void of creativity at times but they have ambition and self-determination that pushes them through. These moms have dealt with their share of disappointment and heartbreak but dare not to allow that to hinder their progress. These moms are all about finding ways to heal, restore and live life to the fullest. Now, this is self-LOVE at its finest!
My intention is to remind moms of their greatness and worth, despite the short comings that happen along the way.-Ms. Kris
Why am I so passionate about single mamas?
Well…I’m a single mom. Finding a blog that related to the specific issues pertinent to my story was difficult. I wasn’t connecting to some of the blogs I followed at the time because they were either geared toward married women or overly religious matters. Heck, sometimes they would be way too general and I didn’t have a clue how to even begin to relate.
I wanted to be able to go to a place that connected with me and my grown single mama “ish”… ya know.
A place where I could vibe out at the same beat. A place where advice is given on the most relatable topics that a single mom may deal with at one point or another like:
- Parenting issues
- Baby daddy drama
- Financial woes
- Toxic relationships
- Dating dilemmas
- Working full-time and going to school part-time while raising a 2-year old
- Spiritual awareness
Yup, all of this is something I could have used….
You can find several blogs that cater to single moms but nevertheless, I still had the desire to put my pen to paper and write. I wanted to write with the freedom of expression and put my own unique spin on the same topics mentioned above.
Here I am: A blogger. One of the truths I’ve discovered about myself while on this journey is this: I believe in the healing properties of transparency and story telling. Blogging was definitely necessary to help me accomplish just that.
Besides, I wouldn’t feel right if I wasn’t activating all that God told me to do in the first place.
I was so scared to start my very first blog, http://www.msblackexpat.com. That blog highlighted my experiences as a black women living abroad and all the issues related.
I remember being all in my feelings…
What will people think?
Who will actually read it?
What will I write about?
Will it help someone?
Then, one day out of the blue, I said no to fear and wrote my very first post. I wanted to help someone else and finally face my fears.
Had I not decided to share, someone may have missed out on being encouraged, healed or saved from heartbreak. Maybe I encouraged someone else to start their blog. Who knows. Are you interested in starting your own blog?
Starting this blog is apart of my purpose!
Here are some comments from a few of my followers in the past year.
These right here motivate me to keep pushing. Go girl, go!
- Thanks for the words of encouragement sister.
- “Awesome! Love the uplifting message.”
- “Nice Blog Post!!! You are a great writer!!”
- “Thank you for the powerful message.”
- “Awesome blog! I’m glad you faced your fears!”
- “Brilliant! I’m re-blogging this positive message. Peace.”
- “Great advice and well said! Beautifully Written!!!”
- “Loved this line, “He (God) sees our capabilities, trials and now testimonies and wants us to be in greater position to help others who are going through similar situations. I needed that today”
- “I really enjoyed this! Good piece!”
- “Love it! Totally using the I can statements and adding them to my affirmations.”
- “This is beautiful. We all must go on a journey finding our worth. I am strong, safe, beautiful and loved and no one can stop me from believing that! I am so in love with your blog and the positive vibes you’re sending.”
- “Thank you very much for your inspiring words that have truly touched me. Today, I’m going to only allow the positives in my life no more negatives.”
If you are thinking about starting a blog, please, just go for it. Need some help getting started? I’d love to help you. Contact me. Let’s get started!
Remember that its never too late to start because your story, creativity, transparency and obedience is necessary for someone else’s growth and healing.