This week, I’m on the spring break. Before you go scrolling through my Instagram feed to figure out what the heck I’ve been doing for the last few days, let me tell you that it isn’t what I exactly wanted to do. The low down dirty truth is…I had to eventually make a decision about what to do with my time. Yes, I had options, plenty of them. But time girl…how many of us have it?
I could have traveled by hopping on a plane to visit folk but I decided otherwise. I decided to stay local not only because it seemed like the more convenient thing to do but I knew that my priorities were important and I needed to figure out what that meant before I decided to implement another thing into my already overwhelming list of priorities. Therefore, I decided to stay local because I knew that I had a plan and stuff that needed to see the light at the end of the tunnel. In other words, I had some ish that needed to be finalized, a vision that needed to be sought after, goals to see through and sleep….oh yes!
On top of all that, my son is away in sunny California with his dad! What a treat! A week off and…kid free…? Geesh! I have no excuses!
Have you made any decisions this week or are you just going with the flow? Sit on that for a minute while I share some of my decisions that I’ve made with you for this week:
- Clean eating! I have been fixing myself salads daily, sprinkled with love and careful attention. It’s something about eating good that makes you feel…darn good.
- Exercise. Okay so I’ve already been doing this but not as consistent as I’d like. If I can get in running and cardio for 30 minutes a day, I’m good. Also, I’m being a bit more consistent with arms, legs, butt and abs. Ladies, let’s get real…we all want to look good but we also forget that it takes an effort! Regardless, remember that you are a true beauty both inside and out. However, just like anything else, you gotta take care of the one you love…and it starts with YOU!
- Rest. I don’t get enough of this. at. all. point. blank. period. I feel like there is not enough time in the day or I have way too much going on, however, I’m being diligent by making sure that I commit my body to rest, relaxation and love.
- Get rid of negative thinking. I had to let it go just like I did the relaxer- Quick, fast and in a hurry! First of all, I had to make the crucial decision that I am worth more and I deserve more. I owe myself positive thoughts, words, patience, kindness and appreciation. I appreciate me daily and I acknowledge that God is doing a work in me. Do you feel the same about yourself?
- Reading. I can’t tell you how many books I’ve picked up…and never finished. So, for this week, I’m committing to 30 minutes of reading time a day. Yes! I know I can do more but if I start my making the decision to commit to a specific time frame, I’m more likely to make it a habit. I’ve been reading in the mornings so that way it is done and I don’t have to worry about fitting it in throughout my day.
- Self care. Let me be clear. I’ve mentioned this in other posts as well but self-care is not restricted to what you do on the outside but even more importantly, what you accomplish for your inner self. Did you know that your inner self needs just as much time, attention and love? Meditation, self affirmations, rest, relaxation, reflections, patience toward self, time alone….so much I could include in self-love methods…but you get my drift.
- Projects! Ahhhhh Yes! So, I’m working on a book project….a decision I’ve made. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve delayed…and delayed. Well…I’m using my few days off to try to regain my focus. Also, my focus is on honing in on the craft of writing in general because although it may be a gift, it must be exercised and utilized for the purpose that God has given it to you.
What I’ve decided, after writing this, is that these decisions shouldn’t be made only during a break but intertwined regularly and alternated with other life enriching decisions. Challenge pushes you! Decisions that grow you…that remind you of your purpose and how amazing you really are. Honestly, I have to do this daily.
It’s so easy to get distracted by life and all its woes….but you…nah girl…you got it going on and what’s most important is the fact that you receive this in your spirit!
Can I get an AMEN!
What about YOU?
What have you decided? Have you decided to:
- Make some major decisions for your life that could possibly push you further into your purpose?
- Force you to refocus?
- Finish what you’ve started?
- Start working on your healthy living habits?
- Finding more time for you?
Whatever you decide, make sure that it is allowing you to propel your life in a forward moving direction. Make sure that it is growing you and taking you to another level in life. Get uncomfortable for a bit but in that moment of unease, make sure that you are being true to self and loving on you. You deserve it 365 days of the week…not just when you’re off work.
- The biggest lesson in all this for me is:
- Listening to my inner self
- Appreciation for the little things….
- Life balance
- enjoy life in the interim….
Until next time, be blessed and highly favored!